The Daniel J. Morrell Passing the Huron Lightship, November, 1966
Built in 1906, the Morrell sank in a Lake Huron blizzard and only one of her crew survived. She now lies in two halves, five miles apart, deep off Michigan’s thumb. For many years the Huron Lightship marked the entrance to the St. Clair River and is now preserved as a museum in Port Huron, not far from her Corsica Shoals duty station.
Image 14.5″ x 24.5″ with 2″ borders. Signed and numbered edition of 150. Printed on watercolor stock. Also available on canvas.